These terms and conditions are applicable to all guests booking either directly with The Havannah Resort, Vanuatu (“THRV”) or via a travel agent/online travel website.
Bookings, cancellations, amendments and charges
- THRV is an adult’s only property and reservations may only be made for guests aged 16 or over. This applies to both resident guests and visitors/restaurant patrons.
- All bookings are subject to availability, and THRV shall be entitled to refuse any booking on reasonable grounds.
- Charges will be at the quoted rates, on the terms set out in connection with the quoted rate. All quoted accommodation rates include local taxes.
- A non-refundable service fee will apply to all bookings when payment is made by credit card (including where a ‘credit’ option is selected when using a debit card). We accept the following major credit and debit cards: Visa Credit & Debit Cards, Visa Prepaid Debit Card, MasterCard Credit & Debit Cards and BSP Local Debit Cards. Full payment is required when booking. A 3.5% credit card surcharge is payable on all credit and debit card payments for bookings and at the resort. There are no ATM or Cash-Out facilities at the resort. If you wish to pay your bill in cash, please ensure you bring this with you.
- All bookings require a 1 night deposit payable within 5 days of the reservation to secure the booking. Your villa is not confirmed or guaranteed until receipt of such payment.
- Final payment for the booking in its entirety must be made 30 days prior to arrival.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and confirmed by the resort.
- “No Shows” will be subject to room charges at the contract rate for all room nights booked.
- Unless otherwise specified in a group booking agreement or when booking a special rate with different payment terms specified in order to qualify for the rate, the following applies:
- Cancellations made 31 days or more from the arrival date will be refunded in full.
- Any bookings cancelled between 15 and 30 days of travel will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled 14 days or less from the date of travel will be charged 100% cancellation fee.
- Guests who arrive late or depart early from the resort will be charged for the entire booking including unused accommodation.
- THRV may, at its option, cancel any booking not paid in full inside 30 days prior to arrival.
- Arrival and departure details must be supplied no later than 7 days prior to arrival (or supplied at time of booking inside 7 days of travel).
- Refunds can take up to 14 working days to be processed.
- Other alterations to booking details may result in a rate change.
- All outstanding charges are to be paid upon check-out.
- Check in time is from 2:00pm
- Check out time is 11:00am. Later check out will be offered at no charge pending availability. Guaranteed late check out will result in an additional night being charged.
- All indoor areas, including villas and public spaces of THRV are strictly non-smoking. Smoking is permitted in outdoor areas of the villas and designated areas of the resort.
- Pets may not be brought onto the premises with the exception of guide dogs.
- Guests shall comply with all rules, regulations and instructions at THRV, including but not limited to security procedures, health and safety procedures, registration requirements, dress codes and during activities.
- THRV shall be entitled to refuse a guest entry or accommodation or to require a guest to leave the premises if unreasonable behavior is displayed, be it threatening or abusive, causing disturbance to other guests or otherwise unacceptable.
- A safe is available in each villa for the storage of valuables as a service to guests; however THRV will not accept liability for loss or damage to those items.
- All villas do not accommodate more than two guests and guests may not permit additional guests to spend the night in any villa.
- Minors under the age of 16 are not permitted on the resort grounds. Exceptions will be made only in the case of a sole use booking of the resort.
RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft)/Drone Usage Policy
Use of an RPA/Drone by guests or visitors, is strictly prohibited in order to protect guest privacy. If management needs to use a drone for advertising or marketing purposes, they will advise all guests prior to the event.
Transfer Services Terms & Conditions (Helicopters/Road)
- All transfers are operated by third party companies with no affiliation to THRV other than, they supply us and other resorts with transport services.
- Helicopter transfers can only operate in daylight hours and there are no arrivals/departures at THRV prior to 8am.
- Your road transfer booking is only for a seat in the vehicle. It is not a private vehicle. A private car may be booked at an additional charge.
- A strict 15kg per person luggage allowance applies on all helicopters and excess luggage fees can apply. Please refer to the respective operators’ website for further information and details on allowances and excess costs.
- Departure times, to and from the resort are determined solely by the transfer operator. While every effort will be made to schedule transfers to and from the resort to meet your specific flight arrival and departure times the transfer operator will ultimately determine times according to their schedules and prevailing weather conditions and any technical or mechanical problems they may be incurring at the time.
THRV is an adult’s only resort and we are unable to accept guests under 16 years of age either as in house guests or day visitors/restaurant patrons.
Limitation of liability
- THRV shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to a guest’s property which is:
- during participation in any activity; or
- caused or contributed to by the negligence of the guest; or
- not promptly reported to THRV on discovery
- THRV shall not be liable for loss of or damage to a guest’s property except when proved to be caused through the negligence or willful misconduct of THRV.
- The Company will not accept responsibility or liability for any injury which occur to guests whilst staying at THRV or due to participation in any activity. Guests participating in SCUBA diving and activities are requested to sign an Indemnity Release prior to participation/instruction/diving.
- In the event that performance of this Agreement is delayed or prevented by any cause reasonably beyond THRV’s control, including, without limitations, any acts or orders of government authorities, by fire, flood or explosion, by an act of god, by sale of THRV, necessary and essential construction, arrest or seizure and legal process, strike or other restraint of labour from whatever cause including flight delays, or act of terrorism, THRV will be discharged of its obligation to provide accommodation or other services.
- THRV may engage appropriate transfers operators and other providers to coordinate and provide certain services. The transfer operators and other providers are solely responsible for and liable for providing their respective services. Guests are also subject to specific terms and conditions imposed by other providers.
THRV is set on a tropical island and on a natural harbor which may contain fauna and flora that may be dangerous if at close contact. Whilst every effort is made by the staff and management of THRV to ensure the safety of its guests, guests acknowledge as a condition of making their bookings that neither THRV nor any of its staff shall be liable for the death or injury of any of its guests or for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (save where caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of THRV) suffered by any of its guests arising out of, or in connection with, use of the facilities and activities offered by THRV, in particular (but not limited to) these involving flora and fauna. The guest, by making a booking, releases THRV and its staff from all or any such liability.
Where items belonging to guests have been found by a member of THRV staff, and were the owner can be clearly identified, guests will be contacted and any confirmed item returned to them by registered mail or courier at the expense of the guest.
In the event the owner of any found item cannot be identified it will be logged and held in security for a period of three (3) months. If after this period the owner of the lost article has not contacted the property or has otherwise been identified, the article will be disposed of. In the event the lost article may be of tangible benefit, the lost article will be given to a local charity organisation after the three (3) month period has lapsed
These terms and conditions are covered in all respects by the LAW OF VANUATU and any legal action arising under the contract shall be litigated only in the appropriate court having jurisdiction in that country.
We strongly recommend appropriate travel insurance coverage for all visitors to The Havannah, Vanuatu to cover cancellation penalties levied as a result of inclement weather, airline or other transportation delays, other unforeseen disruptions, cancellations or delays or in the event of illness